Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Honeycomb FloorSeat Protection Panel

Dave SL77

Dave

Is this a honeycomb floor panel? i.e. the bit that covers all of the driver's footwell, from the back of the seat to under the pedals etc?

I thought you weren't supposed to bolt these in or is that something else? Or do you mean it has got holes cut out for the seat bolts?

Would it fit a LA car with a foam seat? I presume it would...? If so, can I have first dibs on it please?

Andrew

They are normally bonded in with silicone. The panels eat a good 1/3 to 1/2" or so and as a result, you'll need longer bolts for the seat runners.

Strictly-speaking, there should be a set of ali bushes for the bolts to go through so that you don't crush the panel when you tighten the bolts up.

Worth asking if it's cut for a race-chassis or not (race-chassis have an under-seat diagonal cross member that forces you to use a multi-piece honeycomb panel. Also, if it *is* for a race chassis, the pax and drivers sides are assymetrical.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Andrew,

You might want to check the regs. I understood that the this isn't permitted on the passenger side as the passenger compartment is the drivers crumple zone. Feel sorry for anyone sitting in the side at the time *eek*

I don't have the regs, or know them this it just what I was told as I fitted one to my passenger floor. But I'm not racing ...yet *cool*

Ignore tmy comments if the drivers side is being sold here.

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

Andrew

Its the underseat section only, The car has the leg protection, but its indeed siliconed in like a b@99er and I cant see how to remove it without damaging it/ floor. Any suggestions on removing it and I will sell that too!!!

The under seat section has holes for the seat runners, and the ali bushes to prevent crushing when tightening seat.

Its a single section, with no diagonal cross brace in the floor. Its not a race chassis, its 99 dedion superlight. I have no idea if it will fit LA.

It is the drivers side, not passenger.

I will mail you a photo.

David

• 4 weeks later...