Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

FREE Car

Midas

• Leadership Team

Anyone want a free car?

I bought a Mazda 323 (F-Reg 1989) from a Mazda main dealer two years ago as a 'throw away' car that my children could use and abuse as they learnt to drive. They have learnt to drive with the 'under17 carclub'.

They are now both competent enough to be allowed to drive our family car so the Mazda is surplus to requirements.

Now the 'bad bits'. The car is due an MOT and tax in a month, and the exhaust has just gone, so it would not be drivable from our address. Also some s*it wrecked the drivers door lock a few weeks ago so the drivers door only locks with the central locking.

Now - if this does not sound like the bargain of the century you might be right, but the good bits are...

The car has a comprehensive history and I have all the MOTs from new so the milage of 86 000 is genuine. We are only the second owner.The car has been utterly reliable and we have driven it all over the country - it starts first time, is cheap to insure and tax, and is in decent nick.

I will scrap it now, but it is too good a car to die. If someone from the club can use it they are welcome to it - I just do not need four cars!!!!

Regards

Richard

Tentative second dibs on this please. My Ice Hockey playing girlfriend needs a car to learn to drive in.

Sounds ideal if she carries on the same way on the road. Cross checking, tripping and ruffing.

Better use a smiley incase she is reading this 😬

Fellas, smoke me a kipper, I'll be blatting for breakfast.

Bloody hell!! *eek* If I was down in Taunton at my mums I would take your arm off Richard. These are great wagons up there with old civics for reliability and ease of use. A Bargin' for someone (and spares are easily available too) *thumbup* *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

'A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five'

Photos here

• Leadership Team

Blimey, did not think it would generate this much enthusiasm. In the spirit of 'first come first served' Martin, then Neil, then Wile7. happy to talk to anyone just give me a bell on 0117 9560376.

To answer the questions, it is white, and insurance group is 4/5 (I think!) - but if youir daughter asks it hasn't got a CD player or MP3 connectivity (I know how these youngsters are!!!).

Spares are cheap - I saw a new exhaust (old stock) on E bay last night for £10. Thought twice about getting it back on the road but the wife says it must go!!!!

Regards

Richard

Its white, its white - yahoo 😬!!!! Sorry.

Seriously Richard, count me out of the equation please - if I was in the UK yes, but being over in France it is not much use to me sadly - although as I said before its a bloody good car to get 'free' IMO *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

'I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members'

Photos here

• Leadership Team

I'm not certain where the exhaust has gone - I've not been under the car. However, if I had to guess I would say somewhere in the middle.

I would not recommend driving it very far - the scrapyard is about 5 miles away - it will easily make that journey, but I would not want to drive it to Birmingham!!!

Car needs to move so if anyone is interested - last call please.