Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adjustable ARB

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Just fitted my nice shiny Freestyle adjustaable front ARB (arrived this morning having ordered it yesterday *thumbup*). I have a couple of slightly numptyish questions:

1. I assume that the stiff setting is with the blade vertical and soft when horizontal - is that correct?

2. Should I refit the rubber gaitors? Obviously will be OK on the "normal" end of the ARB but at the blade end the gaitor won't fit propoerly.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

To fit the rubber gaitor on the blade side you need to improvise with a split piece of soft rubber tube inserted in the gaitor otherwise the elements will soon destroy the plastic ball.

You may find that the ARB squeeks as the fit of the bar in the nylon clamp blocks is rather tight. I fitted some 0.2mm thick circular shims between the split blocks.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

• Support Team

Cheers folks. Will slacken the bushes off a bit and refit the gaitors. It is dead easy to fit - just needs a bit of force to bend it to get the ball joints in. I found it easier with the car jacked up so the suspension droops. Best to get the nylon blocks between the roll bar and the chassis just before it slips into the sockets on the upper wishbones.

Oh and it weighs less than the green (18mm) bar I removed!

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 4 Mar 2006 10:45:52

I reckon the front Freestyle bar (on full soft) is slightly stiffer than a Caterham 1/2" bar .On full stiff the freestyle bar is as stiff as a real stiff thing at the siffest thing of the year awards *tongue*

The rear freestyle bar on full soft feels simliar to a 3/8 Caterham bar on setting number 2 (thats 2 from full soft) I havent tried the rear freestyle bar on full stiff .

They do feel to have a good range of adjustment *smile* *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 6 Mar 2006 07:52:54

eh?

If the Freestyle bar is stiffer (on full soft) than the CC Orange bar (the softest option from CC), and the Freestyle recommendation for their road track spring rates is Orange CC bar, then the two componants are not compatible? I was hoping that the Freestyle fron arb would allow me a softer option for wet and damp conditions that the 'fixed' Orange bar.

Similarly for the rear, if I want sofer options, then I'm better off with the CC rear arb ?

www.R300.net

slightly stiffer

and I mean slightly *smile* if you back off the dampers the car is like a boat with the softest setting - do you have adjustable dampers Franky ?

There is a further option to make it all softer ....... disconnect them *thumbup* takes 2 minutes on the front and 30 seconds on the rear *thumbup*

here is C7 TOP