Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Garage to rent in London

JonnyS

I have just moved house and need to rent a garage for my Seven (which is currently living at a rented garage 3 miles away). For those that know London, I now live around the Golders Green area - so it would be nice to have the car as near as poss.

Finding garages in (NW) London is REALLY difficult. And there don't seem to be any websites that offer garages to rent? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have tried Estate Agents, the local council, local papers, Loot etc etc - but to no avail. I might try wandering around the blocks of flats nearby to see if anyone isn't using their garage; although I guess it is best to contact the respective management companies - if only that information was easy to find.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jonathan

I spoke to Dudrich Holdings this morning (020 8882 8575). They do have a huge list of garages, but most of them are unavailable - especially in NW London.

Where are you in Finchley Blatman? Good to have a Seven neighbour.

J.

i had problems finding a garage too. the council in lambeth told me that they had none, and didn't rent any.

it was a chance encounter with a neighbour that led me to call the local housing office, the people who populate all the council estates. in no time, they jumped me to the front of the queue 'cos i was polite, and i had a garage for £5.25 a week.

bargain. if you haven't spoken to the housing office locally, they should have garages.

happy hunting,

j

Wow that's cheap. Barnet Council have a waiting list so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I reckon there must be hundreds of elderly people in my area who own houses/flats with garages and who would appreciate the rental income; the question is how to find them.

Having said that, they wouldn't appreciate me trying to get my Seven started at 8 in the morning with the competition exhausting blurting away :)

Jonny

Jonny,

Much as I'd like to tell you exactly where I am, you never know who's reading this. Just look for a LIMEGREEN WESTF1ELD id=limegreen> wearing a teeth.gif sticker on the rear, and give us a wave.........

The estate agents for my lock-up are called Williamsons, on 0208 886 4407, or 0208 882 1941. I'm pretty sure there are a few garages near mine in N12 which are empty, and are behind a private block of flats, nowhere near any dodgy council estates.......No offence, Jam, but council owned garages behind council owned flats do not really appeal to me.........