Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CC Carbon Dash

Tyrone

Does anyone know if there is any problem fitting the Caterham carbon fibre dash to older cars. MIne is '87 vintage and has a solid gusset plate below the dash where you have two triangular downstands on the current dash. Not sure that will make sense but I know what I mean!

• Support Team

My 1997 car has solid gusset plates as you put it. However the current Caterham c/f dash will not fit my car - the design of the dash changed a few years ago. Not entirely sure what the difference is though.

If you want a c/f dash for an early car then you are best off talking to K9 or RiF. I've got a K9 dash waiting to be fitted to replace my tatty Caterham one but Richard's look good too.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

That would be a bite then 😬

Hope you arent going to turn into an Iain type , lightening the car all the time?

Do you have an ETA for the Mjolt?

Thanks for the offer on GONADS , we think we have sussed it now. *biggrin*

The most cost effective way of increasing the power to weight ratio would be for me to go on a diet rather than buying lots of Gucci carbon bits. But, since it was for sale and the seller was almost prepared to swap for a picture, it seemed too good to miss.

But as Harry confirms (and PeterT by email) the CC CF dash's are different. *mad* but *thumbup* anyway.

New ETA for the Megajolt is middle of next week, my 🙆🏻 is getting twitchy about the trackday now.

Edited by - Tyrone on 4 Mar 2006 07:37:17