Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk Buy - Pipercross AirBox suitable for R3/4/500 NOISE RESULTS FROM BEDFORD ARE ADDED TO Page 14

frankyknuckles

Dave about 1 m of hose comes with the kit. I cut it to fit my car - for it to sit on top of the triple core rad. It could not extend any further as the nose would then not go on. The tube/hose has quite a strong wire coil in it.

From my calculations the box has only actually been fitted 3 times and removed twice *confused*

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Frankyknuckles,

Apart from collecting peoples names and passing these on to ie The Performance Company, what does this job take?

/regin

Growing old is mandatory - Growing up is optional

Thanks Franky,

I suppose I'll get an email from you with the details of the people who have registered their interest.

I will set up an email address on my domain for this purpose. From 7pm today this will be

airbox(at)rj.dk

/regin

News was interesting

When I get back to work on Tuesday I will scan the sesults and post on my web site.

Could not get a full power run on the rollers as the car kept trying to crawl out. Also masses of wheel spin but we managed to get two consistent runrs up to 6500 at which point she was showing just over 160bhp BUT its not ultimate power pigures that we are after, its what affect the airbox had.

Well from what I can se at the same rev point the power was the same but what is very interesting is the torque curve...............wait for the results

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

I am finding it hard to accurately asserttain any true figures here as to whether the airbox has any effects on power or torque. *confused*

Why has the power losses of the air box car lost 8.6 hp, when the test was done with the conventential sponge filter it shows no loss?

How can this be? *confused*

What power losses are these relating to?

Gearbox/Tyres, Transmission?

Trying to get some realistic results are going to be tricky to get as replicating two power runs are never goung to be the same. *thumbup*

R500 Mango Madness

To be honest I felt, driving the car, that it felt smoother between 2000 and 6000 rpm

It seemed a little more spluttery (is that a word) at low revs pootling around town but stive very driveable.

I would also say that at the top end 7500 - 8250 id felt not as quick

Most pople are going to buy this for trackdays and therefore trying to keep noise down.

I think that the loss of some power is a valid trade off

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

To be honest, the inlet of the box is fairly resrictive, but I would assume that under certain circumstances the airbox could work as a resonator and threrefore improve the power / torque figures.

Peter,

I've got a "rolling road in a box" to make power runs on the road. I'll be in London this Sunday / Monday. I could bring it and an airbox to test this on your very own car. - provided you can find a nice flat road to abuse your car on.

/regin

I've been following this for some time - more or less since it started on March 1st.

Are we in a position to make a decision yet? I registered my interest based on the fact that it should reduce noise to what some tracks consider acceptable - which it appears to do (concensus seems to be be -3db?). I'm happy to trade a few bhp for decibels on track days. Better to be a little below par than not get to play at all? I can't recall the price discount we've been offered, but in the grand scheme of things - it's pocket change if it allows you to to get your favouite toy on track where it belongs?

*confused*

Simon,

Just what I was thinking of doing - and will do within the next couple of days. I've got email addresses for most of whom has registered interested, and will send an email out to everyone.

/regin

• 3 weeks later...