Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk Buy - Pipercross AirBox suitable for R3/4/500 NOISE RESULTS FROM BEDFORD ARE ADDED TO Page 14

frankyknuckles

See this thread for general infromation on the airbox

See this thread for Pipercorss product info

This bulk buy is for a;

C6100 RH Airbox with right hand entry*, 100mm intake pipe, with integral filter, including 100mm cold air ducting hose

This does not come with a back plate, it uses the existing one.

There are two companies interested in our bulk buy, they are offering prices as follows;

Burton Power

5 to 10 orders £149 (incl VAT)

between 10 and 15 orders £139 (incl VAT)

between 15 and 30 orders £129 (incl VAT)

more than 30 orders £119 + £7.99 carriage, all inclusive of VAT

The Pipercross Shop

5 to 9 orders £145 (incl VAT)

10 to 14 orders £135 (incl VAT)

15 to 29 orders £129 (incl VAT)

more than 30 orders £119 + free cleaning kit (worth £10) and £5.95 carriage. Customers requiring a base plate can add this for £20 (RRP on these is £31.66), all inclusive of VAT

Payment Details

I will collect the names and address of all people who want to participate in the bulk buy. Please email me your BC username, real name, address and email address. When the bulk buy closes, I will deliver this list to our retailer of choice. You then contact them and tell them that your name is on the list, give them your details and sort out your payment.

I have spoken with Pipercross who confirm that this item is a direct replacement for the standard air filter on the standard R3/4/500 roller barell setup.

There are obviously loads of people who have different styles of throttle bodies who may be interested in this product. I do not have enough technical knowledge (or time) to discuss the adaptation of this sale item with Pipercross to suit individual needs. I suggest that you call Pipercross direct, note that their number has changed to 01604 707750 (they are very nice people *smile*) to see if this item will fit your application and if they have a product that suits you. If they do, post the part numbers etc on this thread and I will then discuss with Burton Power if they will include them on the bulk buy.

Similarly, if you have other ideas about filters etc, please contact Pipercross and discuss with them and then post your requirement on this thread. Pipercross do a version of this box without a filter.

Please make sure that if you require anything other than the standard item that you post the Pipercross Product Code with your request to be included in the bulk buy (but I cannot guarantee that Burton Power will offer discounts on anything other than the above specified airbox).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE @ 2nd March

I have spoken with James at Pipercross sales. He confirms that the 600 series airbox has been down to Caterham for trail fit and the airbox does fit on the standard rb setup. He also confirms that the 600 series aorbox is only 78mm deep. This means that it will fit 48mm trumpets which are standard on the Caterham. The 600 series airbox simply clips on to the existing back plate, so (without ducting) it can be interchanged with the standard airfilter in seconds.

The box has been design to maximise the air flow to all the trumpets, hence its angular design. Normally there are issues with the first choke getting most of the cold air, Pipercross have tried to remedy this with the angular design of the box.

The only issue with fitment, is routing the ducting to the bottom of the engine bay. It would be up to the individuals who purchase the item to sort this out themselves.

They have tested the 600 aribox on an R1 engined Dax. On track, they suggest it made +2bhp over standard air filter, this was using ducting to the top air vent on the Dax.

I would only use this airbox for track days where I have noise issues, and therefor I would not bother with any ducting, I would simply accept a slight loss in power (the airbox will be more restrictive through a 100mm filter than the standard 600 filter) but generally speaking, without using ducting, the air intake temps will be similar but the noise will be reduced. the 100mm cone filter in the aibox is good for 230bhp.

Therefore I would conclude that the 600 series airbox advertised on this BB is only applicable to those who have a standard CC rb setup, so standard R3/4/500's.

UPDATE - Product Test @ 9th March

We have an airbox from Pipercorss to test. Simon Rogers and Dave Jackson are going to test the airbox to see how restrictive it is, this will be tested on a rolling road on 21st March. They will also test the airbox for noise reduction at a track day at Llandow on march 25th.

Interested Buyers @ 2nd June

46 people interested *thumbup*

People who have confirmed their details with me;

Simon Rogers

milo

noddy

Steve_bow

Tim Smith

Andy Clayson

sforshaw - C6006 backplate

Steve Brown

Chris__ - C6006 backplate

Adrian M

Mark Durant

Neil.Williams

Jamie Oliver - C6006 backplate

James B

Peter T

JohnM

A10ROX

Petrolhead

darren f

D6VEC

bluenose

Red Ticker

Paul.H

ChocolateTelevision

gilesm

symo

NigelJ - C6006 backplate

Jon Raine - C6006 backplate

Regin Jensen - C6006 backplate

David Thompson

Griff - C6006 backplate

Steve Ede

Roger Tiffin

Knowley

Markm

Simonreed

ken y

Ian Fox

John Howe - C6006 backplate

and people who have not (please email me your address details and real name)

Dave Jackson

mwoodham

TonyC

Nifty

John Howe

Simon Mac

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 2 Jun 2006 09:45:33

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stu, like I mentioned above, I do not have time to sort out individual applications. You would have to investigate what you need and then write down the Pipercross product code, when we have enough buyers, I can then see if burton Power will give a dsicount for your exact requirements. ie, I have no knowledge of KV6 tb's so it would be nonsense for me to discuss this application with Pipercross.

www.R300.net

Interested in the airbox and a blank PX600 baseplate (part no c6006), with a slight proviso, see other thread.

Also, Piper's no has changed to 01604 707750, differing from the above website.

Cheers Franky.

Chris.

Edited by - Chris__ on 1 Mar 2006 12:47:04

• Leadership Team

Cheers Franky,

For those interested a blank backplate is Piper product code C6006 - probably safer to work with a blank one for any "unknown" applications.

Stu.

Franky,

I'm very interested but with the obvious proviso that we do need someone to trial fit one to a car, preferably a standard chassis on roller barrels in my case. If there's enough interest I'm willing to offer my car to try it out, I'm in Wokingham.

Tim

Yep - count me in.

I'm up for doing the trial. Simply as I need one prior to 21st March as the rollers are booked for that day.

I'f we can't get a single item at the discount then how about buying one at list and then reimbersing (whoever does the trial) the difference shared out between all the other bulk buyers.

I could even try the standard fillter verses the Airbox on different power runs etc.

What abount the cost if it doesn't work?

Hmmm we need a development fund for those willing to try out new parts like this. Sort of a pot of money each of us interested subscribe to. This should be for agreed "testing" only some sort of voting system - percentage of "development" members interested means it can be funded etc. This Airbox being a good example.

Lets just say I would be willing to stump up £10.00 in order not to waste £180.00 ish. As if the item works I'd get my £10 back when i purchased.

If it fits the Rollers ok, then I am interested. One question though, how far forward does the stem of the box go, reason being, I have a Pace dry sump fitted, with the tank in the front, and I've had to re-locate the header tank to the right hand side *confused*

UPDATE

I have spoken with James at Pipercross sales. He confirms that the 600 series airbox has been down to Caterham for trail fit and the airbox does fit on the standard rb setup. He also confirms that the 600 series aorbox is only 78mm deep. This means that it will fit 48mm trumpets which are standard on the Caterham. The 600 series airbox simply clips on to the existing back plate, so (without ducting) it can be interchanged with the standard airfilter in seconds.

The box has been design to maximise the air flow to all the trumpets, hence its angular design. Normally there are issues with the first choke getting most of the cold air, Pipercross have tried to remedy this with the angular design of the box.

The only issue with fitment, is routing the ducting to the bottom of the engine bay. It would be up to the individuals who purchase the item to sort this out themselves.

They have tested the 600 aribox on an R1 engined Dax. On track, they suggest it made +2bhp over standard air filter, this was using ducting to the top air vent on the Dax.

I would only use this airbox for track days where I have noise issues, and therefor I would not bother with any ducting, I would simply accept a slight loss in power (the airbox will be more restrictive through a 100mm filter than the standard 600 filter) but generally speaking, without using ducting, the air intake temps will be similar but the noise will be reduced. the 100mm cone filter in the aibox is good for 230bhp.

Therefore I would conclude that the 600 series airbox advertised on this BB is only applicable to those who have a standard CC rb setup, so standard R3/4/500's.

The other alternative is to wait and see what Bernard Scouse produces and see if we can get a similar price from his airbox (but initial suggestions are that it will cost £240).

Please let me know if you are still interested. We are still only gathering numbers at this stage. *thumbup*

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 9 Mar 2006 18:32:19

an apology -

I just spoke to Pipercross technical and they also confirmed that the air box is only avaiable in 78mm depth - this must have been a misunderstanding of mine on the stand at the show with the airbox on display,in that they meant it has a 100mm inlet and not the 100mm internal depth . Sorry ☹️

However ......... 78mm is still fine on the R3/4/500 45mm long trumpets and DVA has a box out soon for longer trumpts

Dave