Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ECU (EU3) remapping

catastrada

I plan to upgrade my standard K1.6, year 2004, so the ECU is EU3.

I bought BP270H cams ("old shape").

I bought a pair of Vernier.

If I understood right, the ECU has to be "remapped". CC can do this for 150£ + P&P + VAT (including immobilizer re-synchroinization).

Does someone knows what CC is modifying to the ECU and if somene else can do the job ?

I'm not sure but it seems that it is not CC who remap the ECU but PTP.

I asked them and they answered they can do it, for 125£ + VAT + P&P but answered that BP270H cams have the wrong lift and duration 😳

So I'm a bit lost now as I know that many K engine are running perfectely with these cams.

I beleive I will send my ECU to CC then.

• Area Representative
270's are similar to the Piper 633's that I've got - Mine ran fine with the stock ECU - the only thing being that max power was very close to the 6800 rev limiter. I swapped to an SS ECU last winter that liberated a few more revs (800), but I don't find I need to rev that high.

Valuable info *thumbup*

That's why my initial request was to know what is done during the "remapping" done by CC.

In other words, what are the differences beetwen a stock ECU and an SS ECU, except the rev limiter that is higher?

Thanks Richard.

I thought I saw something about a change to fuelling with the SS ECU change. Plus

activating the shift light. I've fitted 633s, verniers and 52mm throttle body with standard

EU3 ECU and it runs OK. Idle is a bit lumpy, but I quite like the noise. I was

thinking I'd need the extra 800 rpm, but, the car seems to run pretty well, and if,

as Richard suggests, I won't get much (if any) more power with the extra revs (it would

just be easier to keep it in the power band) I think I might save my money (or put it in

the Emerald fund).

AB

i had the dave andrews k13a upgrade which saw an imediate improvement in all areas and was quite happy, but dave recommended the ecu upgrade which made a real difference particuarly in the midrange.

i believe the k13a head is mainly cams so the ecu upgrade may help.

Dave?????????????

• 2 weeks later...

The K13A is head and cams...

An SS ECU will raise the rev limit and will improve the idle and mid range a little.

The cams are close enough to the SS cams for it not to matter, an SS ECU or a stock one should be fine provided the cams are timed correctly.

oily