Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which front ARB with Nitrons?

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Finally ordered the Nitrons I have been promising myself for a while. After much research on here, I plumped for 250lbs/inch front springs and 150lbs/inch rears. The car is a 1997 K-series with widetrack and currently has a greeen (18mm) front ARB and the over diff rear bar set on the 2nd from softest setting.

So the questions are:

1. Which front ARB would be a good starting point? I am led to believe the 18mm is maybe too stiff.

2. What should I do with the rear ARB? Change the setting? Ditch it completely?

In some ways it makes sense to leave them as they are, just fit the new dampers and try to work out what needs changing from there, but I really want to make sure I have a proven set-up before playing around. The car is used for road, track and will this year be making an appearance in the club sprint series.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Shaun

The green bar is too stiff and the best option in my opinion is too fit the Freestyle adjustable ARB to the front as this will allow you to adjust the settings as dictated by the conditions. I would leave the reas as it is for the time being althoufgh on a wet trackday or sprint you would probably want to disconnect one side.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

The freestyle bar on its softest setting feels slightly stiffer than a 1/2" front arb .

I would suggest an orange 1/2" bar or a red one for a starting point .

for the rear . Why not try it disconnected and then increase its stiffness untill you find a setting that you are happy with *smile*

Dave

here is C7 TOP