Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Six Speed Gearbox

EFA

Would you file the word Caterham off the case then???

Maybe Phil Stewart makes cases which say C******m ???

Chris, Only Matthew pays £900 for a 2nd hand 5 speeder.....in less than perfect cond....

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 14 Jan 2002 19:21:36

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who managed to get one for that?? Nobody.

Chris Clark got a thoroughly wrecked one from a race car for £900 I believe and spent more money getting it usable. Useable does not mean either leatest or Swiss spec.

And I actually said £1300 + VAT if he had any I think.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 14 Jan 2002 22:42:42

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 14 Jan 2002 22:43:09

Arnee, are you fitting a " 4-dog-Curmaybug" or is this the latest evolution?

Howabout twin turbos... just driven "911 GB" GT2 - for a tin-top I was mightily impressed. Shame I don't have the 'necessary' to think about it as a rainy day car -

FH wink.gif

Err, Arnie. Your info. is slightly wrong.

My "thoroughly wrecked one" (from a 2ltr V/X track car--- ex 'Mithral', Goodwood), actually cost 945 UKP INCLUDING 'negotiated' purchase price & full inspection that proved it was quote, "one of the best as it had been so understressed in its life"!!! Thoroughly wrecked? I don't think so.thumbsup.gif

I was just lucky in being quick off the mark. After all, it was advertised in Low Flying for all to see.March 2001 issue, page 35 RHS column, 6th advert from top.

Sorry if it doesn't do your sales case any good, but lets get the facts right shall we!

Time for some more clarification. With a little patience and perhaps the luck of being in the right place at the right time it seems possible to obtain a mint condition six speeder for less than a grand! Obviously this price does not include the provenance associated with the one currently expected to fetch in excess of £1600 at auction or has Arnie been watching "Bargain Hunt" on morning ITV too much.

No, I didn't think it did! I just thought that you wanted more than 1600 UKP for it, but that doesn't by implication mean you have had an offer (or two) at your stated starting price.

Let' face it. You want as much as you can get for it and prospective buyers want it at the least outlay. Result is that it's worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for it!

The buyer can make you an offer of, let's say in this case 1550. You have the choice to:- a) accept b)decline, c) negotiate.

The buyer can :- a)buy at the lower price if you agree b) accept your full purchase price or c) walk away.

It all depends eh?

Well at least it keeps your 'For Sale' item at the top of the listingthumbsup.gif