Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aces shift light connection

Steve W

Ok so I treated myselt to an ACES sureshift 2 system at the Autosport show.

Manual states 'must be connected to a switched and fused 12v supply'.

Now where is the best place to connect to a switched supply on the loom?

Anyone out there who has one of these. Just were have you drilled the hole in the scuttle to pass the plug for the light unit. I guess you hide it under the unit itself.

Thanks.

Sorry Steve I can't answer your questions, but I am also interested in these because I am considering getting an Aces set-up.

How good are they? They seem expensive so are they worth the money? and who easy are they to fit

New Superlight arrives this week teeth.gif, Days to wait are getting very few!!! teeth.gif

Well they did seem very good. Infact that good I bought one.

They do seem easy to fit. Just not sure at the moment where to connect the switched supply ?

At the show they were doing two versions. The sureshift 2 and a sureshift SL, same lights but less features (without the LCD control for setting up).

Tell them your a club member and your get a discount.

Edited by - steve w on 13 Jan 2002 13:42:14

I fitted one of these late last year.

1) Mounted the actual lights on the top of the dash near to the centre by the 2 fasteners for a tonneau. Angled it slightly.

You have to make a sizeable hole to get the end connector through, shame you cant disconnect this and just push the cable through.

2) As regards a switched power feed I took this off the back of the rev counter as was fitting a new rev counter at the same time. Used some of those blue cable connectors you can get from Halfords.

3) I cut the fixing strip supplied with the Shift light and used some of this to fix the actual light unit onto the dash and the remainder I used to fix the control module onto the top of the transmission tunnel near the bulkhead so tjat I can remove this and adjust the settings etc.

The unit is great - may be a little over the top, especially as I fitted a new Stack Rev Counter at the same time so I now have 2 max rev displays.

The lights are great at night especially if you set them up to all flash at the change up point.

Steve I took the power for mine by cutting into the feed to the heated widowscreen after the fuse. In fact I have used this power supply connection for both the ACES unit and electronic speedo and nothing fused even with the screen on. I used these plug connectors so that if the unit is removed it can be just unplugged from the power supply