Click here if you are having website access problems ×

front top wishbone rod end adjustment

DonkeyDave

- for camber

friends car currently running 3 degrees negative on A032Rs, this seems a little extreme.

Ok re the rod end - short of using extreme force how do I get the b4stard out. It almost seems easier to remove the track rod and lower mounting and just turn the whole hub around.

I must be missing some secret?

Dave

Mud guard carrier comes off quite easily. Held on by a nut in the center of the hub. Should wobble off with a little persaution. Turn the wheel to either extreme. Cant remeber the exact detail as it was before Xmas when I did this and cant get the order exactly right.

Im doing ok, Car in bits and wont be back together for a while. Enjoying the learning process.

Andrew

You could always be radical and use the correct tool - a ball joint splitter.

These are available from most motor factors and probably Halfords.

You just, jack car up, undo the nut, use the splitter, then rotate the track rod end. I believe one rev is .5 of a deg.

Splitters work but be aware that they will undoubtedly tear the rubber boot which is not available as a spare.

Alternatively, jack the car up so the wheel is hanging. Place a large bar of steel (3/4" diameter x 12" long for example) against the top of the upright next to the ball joint and hit it with a BIG (lump type) hammer. A few blows will shock the joint loose and you will not have damaged the rubber boot.

Alternatively use the splitter and drive bootless !