Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

side impact bars & bits

Wahey

They don't fit with full superlight cage which is what I have on the cars so no use to me. They fit with a standard roll bar or roadsports cage.

off an ex race car.

£20 plus postage - a tenner with parcelforce should do it.

Please note - this is a big one - not just the rear wheel intrusion bar which is the little one.

Hoodsticks - excellent condition from 2001 roadsport. (£15)

standard boot cover from same car. (£20)

Boot carpet (£7)

Cheers

Rich

Edited by - wahey on 28 Feb 2006 19:01:14

There are a few different types.

Originally there was a side impact bar (these ones) & a seperate erar wheel intrusion bar which I have fitted to my car with the sl cage.

When I did the academy last year they came with the rw prot bar & side impact bar in one large piece that attached to the side of the car.

The rear wheel prot bar is about 18inches long.

The side impact bars (these ones) are about 4 feet long including the bit that goes under the car to attach so they are quite big.

Not sure where to find a pic on line but I will take pics later.

Cheers

Rich

Rich

Having now researched it a bit, it seems that it isn't really a feasible proposition without major surgery to the tunnel, so I'll have to pass.

The only reason I thought about changing was that I have a spare tunnel top trim for the later type car. Does anybody have one to fit a K series car with underdash h/brake?

no worries - On my missuses old car with under dash handbrake I went for a Rif tunnel cover which looked great.

I actually need something now for the car the handbrake is from to cover the centre tunnel too. I will prob go carbon again.

One of my pals has just had a tunnel cover sourced for his with no handbrake but I think it was over £200!

Cheers

Rich

Hi lancelot.

The hand brake cables have obvisouly spent their lives under the car so as far as condition is concerned they are not shiny. They look ok though & the car they are off had done less than 10k miles.

It is from a 2001 dedion.

Not weighed it but it weighs loads - a few kilos.

Hi Lancelot,

No probs - will be able to pack it up on Sunday along with all the other bits for other folk. Drop me an e-mail through over the weekend telling me where to send it & I will reply with my address details so you can send a cheque through.

I am at Cadwell tomorrow so not going near the pc again til Sunday.

Cheers

Rich

Alan & Laneclot - I am sending your stuff tomorrow on parcelforce 24 so should roll up on Thursday.

Really sorry for the delay getting the bits out.

David - not managed to get a pic to compare the boot cover to fia one yet - still working on it.

Cheers

Rich