Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Fastest Seven of All?

Slipper man

A7 BDG for sale, with its personalised numberplate. The ultimate seven. 2.0 litre all alloy Cosworth BDG producing 285 BHP - 50 kg lighter than a JPE, and 35 more BHP!! Engine rebuilt recently by John Minty. Car originally built 1990-92 without regard to cost by James Whiting. Totally sorted, with Weber Fuel injection, specially developed bilstein dampers,racing brakes (with bias adjustment, latest (non wide track) suspension, full "S type" leather, colour co-ordinated hood, built in fire extinguisher, etc, etc. Cost over £40,000 to build. Complete history from new, including Autocar test in 1991 (when it won their 0-100-0 challange).

If you want the ultimate, this is it.

£18,995 ono. Call Keith Jecks on 01883 653574

Next toy likely to be a Blackbird engined car.

Barfly - you have so little faith! This car has been 100% reliable apart from some minor electrical gremlins, and hasn't cost much to keep going - I know, I've got all the bills from new. Cossie cars with power seem to be much more reliable than Vauxhall or K series cars when tuned, because it was designed in the first place to put out 300bhp. For road use with 285 bhp, it has actually been detuned! It's also 50kgs lighter than a Vauxhall.

So Keith is it 50kgs lighter than my Vauxhall??? (507kgs???)

You'll miss the torque with the Blackbird car - I don't understand whay all go so crazy over these bike engined cars.... My car is quicker than the Blackbird engine when the engine was installed in a bike - ask anybody who was at Le Mans '98.

Good luck selling the cossie though, at 18k its a snip.

Oh and by the way A JPE has only 220bhp - the 250bhp was only ever achieved on the Dyno by Swindon, Caterham cut corners on the installation which also cut power!

What was your cars 0 - 100 - 0 time???

AW

Arnie Webb

Le Mans Trip - Organising type of person.

Narrr!!

That was the year I made it there and back!!!

By the way A24 back from your place I had a duel with a Yam R1 up to 145mph. It lost!!!

I really wanted to do a standing start from the Wset Grinstead lights but they don't half stay green a long time......

I'll be observing kev tonight....!