Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R300/R400/R500/VHPD airbox

oilyhands

For anyone interested in an airbox for the roller barrels and Titan DTH bodies, Bernard at Autoteknix has given me the following information and has asked for opinions on inlet size.

Things are going well on the roller barrel /Titan airbox and I hope to have it ready in 4-6 weeks, maybe less. We tried a mock up of it one Bob Corbishleys car to check some clearances and it looks OK.

Could you ask the question on the forum about what they want the inlet diameter to be and what they want to put on it. I think that for airflow an 80 mm hose would be best, going to a remote filter, but there should be room for standard 70 mm filter but I feel this is a bit on the small side.

Could I have opinions on filter neck size / inlet size.

Dave

Dave

Could the inlet be stepped from the standard 70mm up to say 76mm which seems to be a popular K&N size. The 70mm will then fit the standard filter for 'modest' power requirements or could be cut off for use with the larger filters.

Speedy decision required as I want mine soon!!! *tongue* 😬

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

I'm very interested, I e-mailed Bernard a week or so ago and he siad he was working on this. I'm not fussed what size the inlet diameter is; as long as it's big enough to "do the job". If I can get an airbox to fit with my freestyle inboard suspension then I will need to use some hose to a remote filter anyway. As I dont yet have the hose or filter it doesnt matter what size it is as long as you can buy them!

R400 .......... I love it

Dave

I like the idea of using the Pipercross backplate as this will enable a quick and easy change from the standard pipercross filter to the airbox without the need to remove the trumpets etc. It is also good to see that the fixings are being kept outside of the airbox. I would also like to know the distance from the back of the box to the trumpets. In addition, I would like to have the option of fitting a cone filter direct to the airbox as opposed to using a length of hose. this will obviously be determined bu the size and angle of the airbox aperture. Dave Jackson has done something very similar with the airbox on his Jenvey T/B's.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

The trumpet offset os determined by the existing backplate...

Target price is £230-260, timings ar TBA, but will be faster if Bernard stumps up some more cash for more expensive prototyping, hence the thread to gauge interest.

Maximum trumpet length will be box depth - 45mm.

Oily