Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Replacement Rear Calipers

Harry Flatters

Harry,

I have the same brake typre but 4 pot on the front and Hi spec are really good brakes. I currently have Sierra single pots on the back on a live axel VX 2.0 and am seriously considering the change.

One point to consider, no matter how nice the Hi spec team are, they are a small one and be prepared to have patience waiting for your order!

They are a much smaller company than they seem to portray on their adverts!

Rgds

Simon7R

Steve

they do look nice and have a handbrake too *thumbup* only thing that would put me off is Simon's comments and others I have read that their service is shockingly bad, seem to recall somebody went to the trouble of creating a website to describe their poor experiences ☹️

Mark

Shame about the service. I had intended to fit their rear calipers on my car this winter, and had made arrangements with them to use my car as a test bed as they had not apparently fitted any to Caterhams. However a friend told me of the problems someone in our area had gone through with the company, so i decided while the quality of the product looked great, I was not prepared to take a chance of having my project delayed because of them.

TRY 5S

Buzzin' Bee It's never too late for a happy childhood *cool* *cool* *cool*

Edited by - Davey Bee on 21 Feb 2006 09:07:17

I have these on my car, but can't comment yet because I need to get it back to Dubai first. I will post once I've tried them out.

I also have Hi Specs on the front, and thet are very good. There were some very minor issues with delivery but overall I have found them to be very knowledgeable, helpfull, and I am happy with the product and service to date.

Mike do you know if they fitted with out any fettling? It's just that when I looked at them at the Autosport show (nice care BTW *wink*) the angle of the handbrake fitment didn't look quite right.

I to have Hi-SPec Racing-4 calipers on the front and from an engineering and performance point of view I can't fault them. Phil Waters and I were two of their early Caterham customers, but where the heart seemed to be willing ultimately the level of service was pretty pants *mad* Endless chasing for deliveries and lots of 'misleading' *confused* information.

I probably wouldn't use them again except for the fact that these rears look very tasty indeed.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 20 Feb 2006 09:09:49

Harry, there was some fettling required because they mount in a different way to the standard calipers.

The De Dion ears were removed, milled flat on the top surface and drilled/tapped to suit. You can get details from Chris at the 7 workshop.

I also fitted the vented discs that are normaly used on Caterhams front big brake kit.

Hi Spec say the handbrake acts on both sides of the caliper. Maybe that's why they got a patent.

Mike.

Edited by - Mike Biddle on 20 Feb 2006 14:00:58