Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spectating at Longcross

Shaun_E

IIRC all spectators must arrive before 9am and thereafter they cannot leave until the last run has been completed. Confirmation of this is will be included in the final instructions but these will not be issued until around a week before the event. This is not a very good venue to spectate, the only point is at the hairpin after the snake, however, there is plently of time to walk around the paddock and look at the various cars competing.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

• Area Representative

If this was your mate's first time at a sprint, he wouldn't want to go to another one after going to Longcross

I guess it's more of a distance, bit I'd encourage your mate to make the trip to Curborough in May. Good spectating and a great atmosphere.

• Support Team

Thanks for the info. My colleague has attended many sprints and hillclimbs and races a single seater (an old Brabham). He was just interested as Longcross is close, he hasn't been there before and because of it's normal use as a military vehicle testing facility. If he can't leave until the end of the event then that might be an issue but I will let him know the details.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

It was possible to leave during the day last year, though obviously not to return!

I arrived on my own to collect some bits, and was challenged, so might be wise NOT to describe yourself as a spectator, but the deliverer of mechanical support etc to one of the drivers... *wink*

G for Geoff