Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Launch Control

Red SLR

Simon, you ask the most complex of questions using the least number of words.

Q1: I am looking at fitting Launch Control, has anyone here fitted it?

A1: Arnie has launch control and full racelogic traction control. He got his best 0-60 at Brooklands with it switched off. Chelspeed has traction control.

Q2: How does it connect into the ingn system?

Facetious A2: With wires.

I would be more concerned with evaluating the effectiveness of various launch control strategies and then ask a question regarding experience with a particular manufacturers product. FWIW, fastest getaway will always be achieved by slipping the clutch rather than by expecting electronics to sort it out. Launch control can help you by giving you only one thing to think about (the clutch pedal).

If somebody started adapting ABS technology to operate a hydraulic clutch and integrated that with a launch control I might suddenly be interested.

Last year I ran with MBE 941's launch control (fairly crude, lower rev limit for X secs). I had the option of a rev's/min/sec rate of change of revs type of traction control but chose not to enable it in the software.

The previous year I ran full racelogic traction and launch control but a change to 8 injectors meant an upgrade was required to the racelogic so I swopped to the MBE system which was already in the ECU.

Next year I'll stick with MBE's launch control and won't bother with MBE's traction control unless I find I've liberated a considerable extra number of horses over the winter and need it more.

So another racelogic box for sale if anyone fancies a play.