Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stickers

mav

When I fit the number board to my car in Prep. for the club sprints, is there anything i should do before fitting the board / other stickers, to allow easy removal at the end of the season, so as to leave no sticker on the car / leave all of the paint on the car???

Any help / advise greatfully recieved.

Martin

Last sticker I had applied with soapy water (Fairy Liquid) left an 'orrible mess when I removed itsad.gif I ended up T-cutting the whole car...........

Normally the number squares and roundels come off without leaving any mess IME. Warm them with a hairdryer slightly first, and they come of quite easily, as long as you keep applying heat to the "leading edge", ie the edge that is just about to be peeled off........

Use car polish. Polish the area but and let the polish dry but don't wipe it off. Stick the stickers on the polish and wipe the exposed polish away.

Your stickers might fall off in the rain but at least your paint won't when you remove it, unlike mine which did in big chunks after the number was on for only a day.

Alex

If you DIY numbers from Fablon they'll leave marks. If you buy a pack from Demon Tweeks (also available at other major stockists) then they'll peel off easily and may even be reusable.

For sprints the numbers only have to be acceptable to the timekeepers rather than to a specific size, and only on the sides of the car. You can make do with constructions of tank tape. If your office is well supplied then printing big digits on transparencies can provide a more elegant free solution....

Paul