Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pics for dashboard layout

GTD

Anyone got any good suggestions/pics for a dashboard layout for my new RiF dashboard.

I've got pretty standard instruments, plus Norman in France's funky self cancelling indicator bits 😬 And Myle's Spa temperature gauge!

G for Geoff

I haven't got time to redo mine at the mo - but I had fully intended to ditch the speedo, use a 52mm 0-8000 tacho I'd bought from e-bay, move all the dials to the RHS of the dash and then pepper the remaining space with switches and warning lights...

Not being able to read the fuel gauge and/or SPA gauges - due to being shielded by the tonneau - is a bit of a faff.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Geoff, mine is a RIF/S dash and is quite a conventional layout, although i chose to use toggles and round push switches instead of the square oe switches, i did this as it was easier to make the round holes, and i wanted a slightly different look, i bought the toggles from Richard also, my dash here

kevin R

black-ali HPC

Geoff - Symbol Sheet from vehicle Wiring Products P25 in their catalogue and only a quid - better order more stuff though or the postage looks a bit disproportionate. Cut out the bits you want with a craft knife and stick on using tweezers.

Its fiddly to get them level and aligned but with no markers on the toggles its a pig trying to find which is which otherwise and if you cut just the letters then its too small to do with fingers and the sticky goes off with fingerprints or the label goes translucent

David

1989 1700XF SS clams with carbon

You've seen mine. The idea is to see Rev, temp and Oil pressure through wheel and reach all switches without taking hand off wheel (except fan override which can always wait). I can see all my gauges with half tonneau on. I also have gauges orientated so in "normal" running the needles all point straight up.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven to The French Blatting Company Limited

Gavin

that's got to be quite heavy though

No it's ali not steel checker plate, anyhow protecting my legs and 🙆🏻 from stray metal objects coming through the floor is far more important than weight. 😬

is that riveted on top of the old floor

Yes (bolted) for added protection as above.

From Clam shells to Cycle wings for only 3K *eek* *eek* *eek* here

IT'S MANGO AND THAT'S THE END OF THE MATTER

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 18 Feb 2006 10:03:32