Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Leather interior trim

caterhamnut

Our car has a leather tunnel top (with handbrake) and a leather covered dash board and knee panles. These were 'specials' as the car was built for the 95 Car Show. All are 'past their best' shall we say, particularly the tunnel top. What is the material they use now, and can one still get leather covered ones. I'd like to try and keep the same spec when we rebuild.

I imagine the leather dash is just a case of getting some hide and glueing it on, as it is flat, but the tunnel top is a more be-spoke affair.

Anyone any thoughts on replacement options - ta.

www.mycaterham.com

here

88,500 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Correct Tom. But UK Hide is now the authorised distributor of Connolly Leather.

They basically bought up large quantities of leather when Connolly ceased trading.

I think one of the members of the Connolly family still works with them. I've not used them, but one of my mates had the rear seat in his DB6 done by them and was pretty happy *thumbup*

ukhide.co.uk

Edited by - paulyb on 13 Feb 2006 17:08:34

Umm - we are a bit past the 'recondition' phase - unless it has 2" patches 😬

Cheers for the other advice - Steve gave me a call with some details - a harder wearing option, if possible, makes a lot of sense - cheers Arnie/Paul *thumbup*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Are you sure that it's unusual Angus?? My cars the 40th anniversary model, built in 1998. It's got leather dash, tunnel top & knee panels. I thought all of that stuff was optional, even today.

Oz.

Still Shaking

6 speed 1600k Supersport

Angus

Jill Judd is refurbishing my leather tunnel top as we speak. The leather's still in pretty good condition but the gear gaiter needs replacing. She's also restuffing my seats.

By the way the piping & gaiter are vinyl, not leather, as vinyl's much harder wearing.

Mick

...mind you, as you are on the vino, and on line, I'll be checking back regularly tonight to see who you can really correct & p*ss off in tech talk 😬...some poor soul is bound to ask an innocent little question, or suggest a tiny little theory..... 😬

www.mycaterham.com

here

I have leather too in my 1996 'non-show' car *tongue* Inner panels and dash etc. so I am interested to see how this pans out for you Angus.....for future totally selfish reference you understand *smile*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

'You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred'

Photos here

Definition of torque Angus?

The best I've heard is an old hand to an apprentice: "listen son, you know when you get out of bed in the morning with a morning glory and you're busting for a pee, but can't? What do you do? You try your best to bend it downwards towards the toilet bowl and as you do so your heels leave the floor, don't they?

That, son, is torque. 😬