Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear Wing Protection

Mick Day

What's the concensus of opinion?

At present I have Millwoods wrap around carbon protectors but these have become a little shot blasted.

My gut feeling with the new painted fibreglass wings is to use Armourfend initially then re-fit the Millwood protectors a few years later when they've developed a patina to match.

Edited by - mick day on 12 Feb 2006 11:45:33

Hi Mick,

What's your opinion of the Millwood wing protectors? I was considering getting some of these. Do they fit properly and cover lower section of wing completely, as well as the sides. How long did it take before they started looking ragged? At least with the stainless one you can keep polishing them up again.

Interested in your opinion.

Oz.

Still Shaking

6 speed 1600k Supersport

For what they are the Millwood protectors are pretty good however after 2 years use they have chipped along the bottom edge. They wrap around the wing & also cover right to the bottom of the wing. The fit is good & I fitted them with 4 ally M5 bolts here (bottom of page) from VWP.

However as they are constantly peppered with road dirt etc they take on a certain patina. I'm not too sure what carbon process is used in the manufacture & there are probably better more durable finishes around. The Millwood ones are £106 delivered wheras RiF ones are £66 delivered.

Incidentally I bought the Millwood ones as one of my wings was a little damaged & the wrap around design helped hide it.