Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SHARP EL326S

I reply to every thread

I'm at ease with the modern world - I can operate a VCR - but I've just been given the above Calulator by my employers & can I get the B**tard to work? Can I bu**ery!

"Dual power" - but no instructions. It just keeps rounding everything up or down. Great if you're a Taxi Driver but Sod all use if you're dealing with a High Court Taxing Master.

It's about to go in the bin unless anyone can help!

Aves,

I use a sharp and know what you mean (worst thing is I can't use anything else now). If it is like mine (diff model but they have to be similar) there should be a plastic selecter bit with the number 0 to 6 and an F on the end. Move the selecter to the F and you will get all decimal places, since you are dealing in cash put it on the two for two decimal places.

Or use excel!!!

On the subject of baffling technology, I have come across this is the user-guide for a mobile phone:

"...from the standby-screen press B by pressing the soft key; scroll down to 'C*****t' by using the navigation key then scroll to the right; scroll down to 'help line' by using the navigation key and press the phone icon. You may now report your phone stolen.''