Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Avon-slicks on Superlight R ?

Marius

I´m currently trying to figure out what kind of Avon slicks I should buy. I run the 8.5" rims on the rear end and would like to keep those for the slicks, as in Caterham Superlight R Challenge. Does anyone know the proper sizes of these slicks or maybe some other recommendation for a 240BHP Vauxhall 7 ?

Thanks for any advise !

Marius

You managed to get home in one piece then Marius (with or without a detour via SPA?). Vera and I really enjoyed the evening, next time make sure to bring the other half around as well. Vera hopes you where not offended by her almost falling asleep ... must have been our "car talk" that did the trick smile.gif

Hi Stijn, you have mail !

I´m sorry for the car-talk but I just couldn´t stop it, at home I´m not allowed to mention a number close to 7.......

Thanks Arnie, I knew I could rely on the Vauxhall-Brigade ! 9" expensive piece of rubber though but I bet it could get much more expensive in the long term without rubber....teeth.gif

Marius

Next time just mention 6.9 ....... not quite 7 is it? wink.gif

For all the UK people, did you guy's notice that we keep the Euro at a rate of 1.6 to the Pound so that it is easier to convert? Most of you have a speedometer in miles and kilometers ....

( 1.6km/mile and 1.6Euro/£ )

Hi Tony,

how are you ? Right, you´re not paying the 16% VAT, I forgot about that but I think it´s still cheaper to buy them in GB directly from AVON, isn´t it ? Or do you return to GB within the next few weeks ? You might want to carry some Slicks back home to Geilenkirchen......???? wink.gif

Alright, got the right dimensions now, they´re slightly cheaper than the 21´s but still too expensive over here:

204 EURO front, 232 EURO rear + VAT. (x 1.6 = pound, thanks Stijn)

Thanks Arnie for dragging yourself outside at those temperatures. I might also pick up a set at Curborough in May but that´s a little late for me. Any other ideas ? Someone´s going for the Wheeltorque-Ringfestival in April ? I´d pay with german lager for your carrying efforts.....

Marius

Marius

I'm off snowboarding a week on Sat for 1 week, then will be travelling back to UK on several trips over a period of a month.

Problem is I'm taking a new car back to UK on the first journey, but flying back.(do not posses a big enough suitcase for 4xslicks)

Second journey is returning my Superlight to UK as a part-ex on new car.sad.gif Once again will return to Germany by plane.

Third journey will be to collect new carsmile.gifCaterham Blackbirdbiggrin.gifThis time I will be driving the car back. Will 4 x slicks fit in footwellquestion.gif Will also have a large back pack as I need to take my motorcycle kit ie: helmet waterproofs etc as car is aero screen.eek.gif Hopefully picking car up Feb or early March, depending on Doug coming back to me. If this is in your time frame let me know and we can try and organise something.

The 16% saving is the German Mwst if you bought them here or 17.5% VAT saving from UK.wink.gif

Arnie, I´ll call tomorrow evening if that´s o.k. for you, misses is already throwing dishes after me today. Tomorrow I get my day off....teeth.gif

Joachim Westermann from the german yokohama-challenge picks up his new chassis at Dartford between 1 & 3rd February, he could throw the slicks in the back of his race-shuttle (yes, it´s a shuttle, 12 Liter Neoplan double-decker bus, painted Yokohama-red, impressive thing...)

Tony, so you bought a Blackbird teeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gif... Sounds as if we will have a lot of fun over here in the next few month. My car will be ready at about March/April. But thanks anyway for your offer. We´ll stay in contact !!

Marius

'Your never to old' changed from skiing to snowboarding three years ago at the ripe old age of 39 and have not put on skis since.

Off to Austria (Stubaital) competing in a snowboard championshipseek.gif

As well as the Blackbird I've ordered the new Mercedes SL500 for July. 'Roll on 2002'teeth.gif