Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Chassis With V5.

Peter T

I am breaking my seven and will have a very good low milage 1991 De-Dion chassis for sale with log book.

Depending on interest will determine how many other parts are left on it, ie steering rack and suspension, brakes and so on.

This would be ideal to build it into a Duretec as it would not have to pass any emissions. *thumbup*

Carbon Components Here *arrowright* K9 Composites

Whoa guys.

I have been bombarded by lots of questions regarding what comes with it and how much.

As you can imagine i have not had time to place a cost on it yet, and pictures will follow but i am not on my main computer now and this will have to wait until the morning.

I also have two sick children i am trying to deal with so please be patient and i will answer all you questions when i get another hour or so.

Thank you for your responeses. *thumbup*

• Area Representative

Peter,

Same as everyone else need a guide as to how much will be left on chassis and approx price.

Guess your children are suffering the same bug as our son has

No panic on info.

Regards Paul.

Chassis is a 1991 long cockpit de-dion.

It has never been used on track or racing, total milage is 11000mls.

Never had any accident damage or been back to Arch motors.

The chassis condition is very good and has no corrosion on it.

The panels are straight and un dented, but it has been changed from clamshells to cycle wings by me,

and has the holes along the side filled, i have tried matching the paint but have failed in getting the right shade of colour so they remain in primer.

It is in very good condition with many new suspension parts being replaced with newer items. It still retains trunnions on the lower wishbones.

The suspension units where changed to Ledas with adjustable ride height and rebound.

It had all new disks fitted front and rear.

Front calipers have been changed to ALCON alloy four pot unit swith stainless steel lines.

All new wheel bearings and brake pads.

It has a 22% uprated steering rack fitted with a quick release removable momo steering wheel.

It has an alloy baffled fuel injection tank, with the JPE high capacity fuel pump in.

ZF LD with 30 degree ramsp (less than a hundred miles)

Alloy Aero fuel filler.

Alloy Mocal Catch Tank.

Tall FIA bar. Superlight boot cover. Side intrusion bar.

Carbon boot floor.

Carbon pedal box cover.

Carbon Nosecone.

Carbon Rear wings.

Carbon front wings.

Carbon sill protectors.

Carbon Bulkhead.

Carbon Dashboard.

Carbon SPA mirrors ( all Three)

Carbon Indicator pods

Carbon rear lights.

Carbon 5 3/4" Headlights.

It has fitted the Carbon/Kevlar Tillets (x2)

Caterham 4 point racing Harness (x2)

It has been completely re wired using lightweight wire so there is no ignition key, just a flip switch and starter button.

Fitted with an FIA cut out switch.

Hydraulic Clutch Cylinder.

The instrumentation is a STACK 8130P unit wich has zero miles in it, wheel speed sensor, fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure,

oil temperature, water temps, voltage, shift light and warning bells left right and centre!! It is fully configurable in any way possible, also can do data logging.

Current wheels are caterhams anthracite 13" spokes, 6.5 front, 8.5 rear which are shod withYokahamas 32 r's, all are perfect and have covered about a hundred miles only.

It is fitted with a JPE aero screen.

Comes with new tonneau cover.

Rubber foor mats.

Red top 25 battery, with a brand new Red Top high capacity charger/conditioner.

Alloy radiator with electric fan.

Has bonnet in red with a cut out for filter.

Also brand new bonnet supplied unpainted.

Propshaft.

Basically i have just removed the engine and gearbox which i will sell as seperate units.

This is a complete car minus these.

It would be ideal for a duratec or any engine installation as it would not have to comply with any co2 tests, so would not require a cat.

Pictures are available.

Offers which includes a current MOT till september 4th. And log book.

It has the registration of C7 PWT which i will retain, so will be issued witha 1991 'H' plate.

Edited by - Peter T on 11 Feb 2006 18:00:17

Edited by - Peter T on 11 Feb 2006 21:19:27

Just for information I suspect if you put a Duratec in this chassis you may need to modify some of the front chassis tubes but it's not a huge job, I've got a 1992 Dedion and had to make a couple of changes at the front to get it to fit properly.

Sounds like a great package though, if I hadn't already converted mine last year I'd be very tempted!!

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 11 Feb 2006 19:49:07

There has been huge interest in the sale of my car, from both home and abroad. Some buyers are willing to pay over the initial asking price, without even viewing.

This puts me in a dilemma - I obviously want the best price.

The solution seems to be to auction the car. All interested parties need to email me with their best offer. I will then advise whether your bid has been exceeded, or is the highest. Bids will be kept anonymous.

I have now taken pictures of the car ,and will send them to you shortly.

The closing date for bidding will be Sunday 19th February at noon.