Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear Brake Calipers

Mark Ferguson

In the process of winter rebuild on the car & have removed the rear brakes for a clean up & paint.

Rear Calipers are standard on 97car.

Pistons have come right out & one rubber on piston had streched out but now shrunk back to original size.

1/. Spoke to very helpful man in Cat parts dept who said calipers from sierra xr4 & said replacents £178 + vat. ☹️

2/. Are they only from a sierra xr4 or any others ???

3/. will rubber seals be ok still after pistons have been out & seals stretched ???

4/. have rung loads of autofactors, cat & ford garages & they say they dont do seal kits anymore, is this true ??? does anyone know where i can get some & if so is it worth it ???

5/. Autofactors & some garages say they just exch at around £80 a side

Have checked other threads on tech talk & get various answers ???

please help *confused*

Calipers are also used on the Sierra Cosworth, XR4i, 4x4 and a few others which I can't remember at the mo. If you've distorted the seals then don't re-use them. Overhaul kits are available but are expensive as they also include the piston, the last time I overhauled my 3Dr cossie ones they were approx £40 each. Take a look on ebay you may be lucky.

Phil S7SVN

We sell replacement remanufatured calipers, we have several suppliers and the prices vairy a lot from model to model and supplier to supplier.

If a customer wants one, I normaly make a few phone calls to get the best price.

A replacement caliper will have the piston pre set and ready to go, just paint and replace.

Jumped in, sat down, strapped in.

WILL DEFINITELY NOT SHUT UP

I just replaced my rear clappers with exchange units from Burtons - £125 for the pair - plus £60 refundable surcharge.

I was actually slightly disappointed with one of them - the nipple was corroded and didn't bleed properly - I cleaned it up and it seems OK .

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com