Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres

c7brown

search the archives. yoko a021rs for all round, or avon acb10s for track work and the dry. also yoko 32's or avon ( i think ) cr500's.

did i miss any folks ?

general consensus is don't touch anything else, certainly not michelins or goodyear.

j

Edited by - jam mad on 8 Jan 2002 16:10:52

It depends what you want out of the tyres. If you want them to last forever and give you average grip for road use and not much track use then Goodyears may be OK, although they're designed for tin tops so probably won't work too well with a seven.

you don't say how many miles a year you do and how much you want to spend and how long you want the tyres to last. Once you've answered these questions then we can make an educated guess to which tyres you need, otherwise there's too many variables. At least your wheels are about the right size i.e not 15 or 16 inch.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying smile.gif

Just noticed you're in the gool 'ole USofA, this rather changes things.

You could go for Toyo Proxes RA-1 which are street legal track tyres which are supposed to be very good check out herefor Toyo Tires.

You also need to say which state you're in (because this will affect the weather ) and whether you intend to drive the car in rain/snow or whatever.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying smile.gif