Click here if you are having website access problems ×

good tools

Jam Mad

i was a bit shocked at first, but i think that they haven't removed the cover from the lid for the photo, so you can only see half the kit.

i considered the halfords one for the same reason, but i figure half the tools, twice the quality ?

hmmmm... not so sure now !!!

Just slightly off topic but still on the subject of tools, one of the most useful tools I bought in the last couple of years was a 90deg cordless angle drill.

Great for getting into all those awkward corners on the 7, as I have done recently when fitting a footbox extension. Easy using a standard drill with no engine or gearbox in place but virtually impossible with them installed! thumbsup.gif

How does anybody get to these rivet holes normally?

• 3 months later...

Draper seem not to be very popular from this thread. I have quite a few Draper professional spanners and a few other tools and have found them to be very good. Not that expensive either. I do agree though that the ordinary Draper stuff is another thing entirely, and is of very variable quality.

Try Elora sockets, it is connected to Draper but they were very well made and were intended for professional use. I have mainly Britol and a French make called Sam(not that impressed with these). To keep the price down and get good tools buy what you need instead of getting a set of sockets etc and only use a few sizes.

terry

My company distributes Labor Saving Devices (LSD)cool.gif in the UK. They are mainly for installers running cables in buildings but do have some useful bits.

Checkout here for Wet Noodle and Retriever, (retriever is a very useful bendy stick with magnetic endblush.gif) Superdriver and Walleye for example.

We don't stock everything in the UK but have regular orders if its not especially urgent.

If anyone wants anything please email me rather than call the office as we only sell to 'trade'.

MI 5EVN

Curently Halfords running a buy three, pay for tow on toolls and tool sets - managed to wrangle that round to include tool chests, so one BIG chest later and a set of metric and a set of English ratchet spanners later . . . I find Machine Mart are having a VAT free evening next week where a similar chest would have been cheaper!

Bri

only an amatuer but used the halfords pro set and found in great for the 2 cars that I have built. Must point out however that the other piece of kit which I've found invaluable is my Dremel. I know it's been mentioned before, but I've really found it useful, great torque and gets into small spaces.

Now that the car's built wifee and I use it to drill teeth (false ones) as we're both dentists! That means it's also tax deductable.

X5 SER