Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Apollo Fitting (Again)

Bozz

Fitted my new Apollo yesterday and engine now back in.

A couple of questions for BC.

1. I don't know how I'll ever be able to change the alternator belt as I'm sure I'll never be able to move the alternator sufficiently to fit a new belt as the hoses are so tight behind.

2. Although I've added a rubber protection strip to the top edge of the alternator bracket the hoses still seem to rest firmly on it.

Should I have ground away a bit of the top edge of the alternator bracket to accomodate?

Bozz

It's not MANGO it's TANGO and it's grounded

I can check my pipes later this morning - I don't believe anything special was done to the bracket though. Either my pipes have been happily rubbing on the bracket, or they cleared it OK.

The pipes are very inflexible, but you should be able to get a small amount of wiggle-room by rotating the tank slightly in its mount.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Leadership Team

The original oil cooler fitment on my ex 1.4K racer had a small metal "half sleeve" approx 1" long that fitted to the pipe to protect it - there appeasr to be no such item in the Apollo kit - maybe a cost-cutting measure. I transferred it across and it fits neatly around teh pipe, held in place by a couple of strips of insulating take. *thumbup*

Stu.