Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BANNER BATTERIES

JampJ

My battery met with a rather unfortunate sequence of events recently, too tedious and frustrating to relate (ie bore) here so I anticipate having to replace it soon. Car is a 1.6K Supersport with a Banner battery. Anyone know of a good cheap non-Caterham source in the Midlands area (B'ham/Coventry)?

Cheers

(What rankles is I looked after it with an 'intelligent' trickle charger. Hadn't bargained on 'help' from others!)

Cheers

Ezzer

And I thought I was all alone in Coventry!

Have you tried Forum motor spares?

dont know if it is a banner battery that I bought from there, but it works!,

What's special about banner batteries anyway?

Lali

VVC-ya!, wouldnt wanna be ya!!

Hey!!!!

Coventry is on the map. Makes a change from the Southerners hogging the site.

Not only batteries, but reference the threads on all motoring needs, Oscotts (Cov and Birmingham) are prolific in there inventory.

Steve B

Ezzer

Ezzer.

Reading two of these topics together tells me that someone in your close vicinity thought "What a silly s.d. He's left the switch on and I'll be helpful and turn it off". Innocent of the fact that the Carcoon now goes into I'll-run-off-the-battery-mode until the powercut ends. In this case it didn't 'end' (other than the battery as a ueseful device)!!!! Yes, or close?

CC

You're pretty close. It's difficult to hide your frustration at times like this. One's best efforts can sometimes count for nought when the Gods conspire against you. I always wondered how long the battery might last if called upon to drive the fans. It was never going to be days! My car was being stored elsewhere whilst having some work done on my garage and drive. You live and hopefully, learn.

Cheers

Ezzer