Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle pot

Zetec Rich

HELP... I have an early dunnell zetec running 45 webber carbs, and the wires to the throttle pot have sheared of flush witht the pot. according to dunnell these parts are no longer avalible

(PART NO. LUCAS 2155A 73291A) Anybody any idears as to where i could track one down as the alternative

could be expensive.

I have the same set up as you describe so did a quick Google search and turned up.

THE ELECTRICAL PARTS COMPANY LIMITED

Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire, U.K. Tel: +44 (0)1584 811118 Fax: +44 (0)1584 819570 Suppliers of genuine Lucas auto-electrical parts

for cars, motorcycles and commercials.

Let me know if you have any joy or find an alternative.

Steve.

All.Knowing1@talk21.com

This may be of help, I have just completed a Zetec conversion and when deciding whose ignition kit to buy I spoke to Dunnell, Raceline and Weber, I fitted the Weber alpha system. I already had a throttle pot from my previous x-flow system (Weber again) and was assured by Dunnell that it would work with their current system. It is a Weber supply part and the kit including bracket is about £40, it uses 3 wires as your existing system. I understand there are 2 types of pot, linear and logarithmic, I dont know what the Weber is and dont know what type the early Dunnell used but a call to Webcon 01932 787100 may help.

Paul

I used the Webcom potentiometer on Kennys HPC with the DTA Ecu. It worked fine and came with a mounting bracket and operating arm that fitted perfectly on the Webbers.

As far as I know most applications will use a linear Pot, if you used a logarithmic pot the rate of change at the top end would make for very interesting mapping!

The Pied Piper

Rear wheel drive is best! (but sometimes 4WD is better)