Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Inertial fuel pump cut off.

Beelzebub

*thumbup* When I fitted mine on going EFI/TB's, I put it on the passenger side tranny tunnel left of the gear stick. Not in the way for passenger but easy to reach.

So far only popped the swtiched once - grounded the bellhousing going over a hump backed bridge 2 up a bit too enthusiastically 😳

After coasting to a halt and thinking - what the... think / listen, Ah no fuel pump whirring - just reached over the pressed the inertia switch and carried on *wink*

Hants (north) / Berkshire club here

Area meeting pics here

My Racing here

it just cuts out the fuel pump if tripped, and not very quickly at idle - with the switch cable pulled off there's usually enough residual fuel pressure to start the engine and run for a few seconds.

There's enough wire on the loom to thread it through the grommet at the front of the transmission tunnel and bolt the inertia switch to the bulkhead above and forward of the drivers knee. On my car I can just about reach it at a stretch when strapped in race-tight.

A fellow competitor left his in the standard position under the bonnet. After a spin on track the engine cut out and he couldn't restart the car. Marshalls pushed him onto the infield and he sat out the rest of the race....

Martin

Roadsports B with upgradeitis

I've just put mine back under the bonnet. Previous owner had it on the tunnel as described by Steve, but I found it was getting in the passenger's way (quite a large passenger, and shortened footwell).

YMMV, but on mine the connector cable was cut to move it and then again to put it back, as the connector block is too lare to easily pass through the grommet.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!