Click here if you are having website access problems ×

De-dion xply ears

Casbar

Casbar,

are those you're after the 0,25 ones? I think that's what I've got left over, but cant check until Monday. I'll be in London Sat/Sun, hence a few too many miles from the garage.

I'll be back at your shores on the 7th and could bring them with me if they suits your application.

The ones I've got are the old style, that's for sure!

/regin

Mark,

Isn't it just recently they've changed? As far as I remember on a 2003 car that I've seend it still was the old style.

Casbar,

I think they're slightly heavier than the new ones, apart from having been made from a casting as Mark suggests.

I am almost certain that they've 0.25 marked on them, but I have to look into that when I return. I could even try to take a picture for you....

/regin

Not too worried about he weight! CC said that the old ears use an ali plate and the new ones are larger to do not need a plate. I presume then, that on a 98 car, I will have the ali plate on my existing ears, and therefore just swap them over! Does this sound correct *confused*

Just had a look at my existing ears. There seems to be a 1mm ali plate between the ears and the tube - I presume that is the plate that the old ears need *confused* Answered my own question are doing a search *thumbup*

Can you tell from looking at the ears, what they are *confused*

Edited by - Casbar on 28 Jan 2006 16:20:02

Casbar,

Dunno what you mean, but if you're thinking of the angle then it's sometimes punchmarked. If you've got the plate it's almost for certain that you have the old style. This is the style shown in the online build manual. In the online store the new style is shown. Can'n copy a link from there as it a Java script.

Look at caterham.co.uk -> online parts store -> Rear Suspension De-Dion. The first item is the new style which doesn't require the plate.

/regin