Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Tonneaus

Delbert

I'm having a tonneau fitted tomorrow in anticipation of the Brooklands and half doors. However I have been wondering

If the Tonneau fits down the sides how will I close the doors

Not the most brain challendging request in TT but I'm thick

Freelance Ferret sexer and general sloth for hire

• Area Representative

Hi Delbert,

Spending more money again 😬

WRT the tonneau and doors, you can either cut a small slot in the side for the strap on the elbow bulge to pass through OR simply unclip the rear tonneau popper in front of the stoneguard and tuck this edge inside the car and then you can simply use the strap anyway... I have used the latter method for years and it works fine

HTH

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• Area Representative

Del:

I have done more or less as Nick says: passenger side a small cut through the tonneau so that the bottom strap fits through, on the drivers side I leave the bottom popper on the tonneau undone and do up the bottom strap.

The difference is because I have the doors on and leave the passenger side of the tonneau on if there is no passenger.

You have seen mine, you know it works.

Mav

get a tonneau like mine. The "door panels" are separate zip-on panels, that can be used separately as half doors, as a tonneau with the full doors, or as a stand-alone tonneau.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX - only the car supports ManU, honest!

I mean the popper on a bit of strap at the back of the door that holds is shut.

Can't really explain it in words. But it works, so Mr R. shouldn't worry his pretty little head about it too much! 😬 😬

He should be more worried about the pending crushing of his much loved rugby team on the holy turf of Twickenham next saturday! *thumbup* 😬 😬

Just for info, I was at Jill Ludd's last weekend and Jill/Nick said they were looking into making side door covers/bags to store the doors in when not in use.

I think they'll be a great idea to save them/windows getting scratched in the footwell/garage etc.

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

Mav,

2 things

1) I'll give you a strap I've got spares as they keep falling off

2) its a good fit, an extra popper is fitted to the door and the body and the door holds closed with the tonneau fully fixed

3) cost £135 including fitting plus theft fully fitted in under an hour *thumbup*

All I have to do now is send it to Jill Judd for Head restraint pockets and move my fire extinguisher

Freelance Ferret sexer and general sloth for hire