Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sprint class info please

DSL

Not for our one though!!

I am possibly going to enter a few rounds of the Midland speed championship in addition to L7C club events, would anyone know what would be the correct class to enter with Busa engine, no lights, not road legal, & importantly no reverse gear 🤔

Looks like sports libre is a safe bet to me 🤔

Yes - assume (as it doesn't sound as though you have an Mot with that set up?)that you have got a Motorsport Logbook for the car, unless you use it for racing too?

Cheers

Geoff

G for Geoff

Barry Hunt is the best person to ask, he competed last year with a non road registered BlackBird engined car, so nearly the same spec.

I think theres a modified production class for non roadgoing cars

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

It all depends on the competition, though. I came second in a BARC sprint at Goodwood in Sports Libre last year. 138 bhp Mega Grad on slicks. The winner was a 220+ bhp W*******d, the rest were all sorts including a Scimitar SS1 with 300bhp *tongue* but no cornering ability!

G for Geoff

Darren

Didn't I see somewhere that Barry Hunt had an Electric Reverse systenm for sale, I'm sure this could be bolted up as a temporary addition if required.

I know for a fact that Brodie & Jez could remove their reverse set up with a couple of bolts, ask Brodie about Aintree a couple of years ago!!! 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

I am not too worried about running in sports libre as I will only be there to get a bit of practice in. Not too bothered were I come in class, hopefully I won't be too far off the pace.

Having already spent a fortune on the Busa I did not want the additional expense / weight & complication of a reverse gear system, especially as everyone who has the starter motor type has either taken them off or they don't work anyway!!

Just can not see the point on insisting on a reverse gear with a non-road legal slick shod Caterham but those are the rules *thumbdown* *thumbdown*