Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-flow 12 Bolt Crankshaft To Fit 8&1/2" organic clutch

anothercat

Would anyone have a flywheel to suit a X-flow with a 12 Bolt Crankshaft & 8&1/2" Organic clutch.

If so I would be interested as Currently Changing from a less road friendly 2 plate ceramic race system which fits a stepped fly wheel.

Regards

Andrew

Not heard of an 8 1/2 crossflow with a 12 bolt, as most are 7 1/4. But you can certainly get a BDA with 8 1/2 , so it 'may' fit a crossflow ? *confused* If no-one comes up wih something, I think Burtonpower may well sell one new for about £150. 0208 5189120

Edited by - Graham Perry on 26 Jan 2006 20:18:27

Many Thanks For the Info

Yes it's my understanding too that Burton will supply a straight 12 bolt F/W for 164 Pounds. Plus starter Ring etc this comes to about 230pounds if the maths are right. Plus another 220 for a good organic clutch kit this is the best part of 500 gone.

*confused* *confused* *confused*

Is Msport expensive or am I tight 🤔 🤔 🤔

The main purpose of the blat main was to understand if anyone had a F/W that they had no use for before going for the big spend.

Thanks Again

Andrew

I have a lightweight, all steel, 12 bolt flywheel which 'takes' an organic clutch. I't was fitted to an all steel X flow engine of mine. The engine went pop and the replacement only had a 6 bolt crank. It is in good condition complete with ring gear. I suppose it must be worth £50-00 plus postage. I'm in the Hampshire area.

Andrew,

Sorry for the delay but I've been away for the w/end.

The good news is that I have been up in the loft of my garage and found the flywheel plus the clutch cover,(the friction plate has evaded my brief search but should be tucked away somewhere). It was all supplied and balanced, by Burtons, when they supplied the complete assembly (flywheel, ring gear and 8.5 inch clutch). As already mentioned, the parts were attached to an engine which I purchased second hand. I drove the car to a rolling road approximately 40 miles away and the cowboy blew the engine up! He eventually settled out of court but after much grief and a lot of wasted 7 motoring time (but I digress). A'll this took place in 1999. None of the parts have been used since but have been carefully dry stored. There lack of useage is reflected in their as new condition.

I've also found the receipt from Burton's and the flywheel still features, allbeit under BDA/Lotus twin cam, in their 2006 parts book. I definately fitted the parts to my x-flow. The receipt also reflects the supply of ring gear, clutch assembly and balancing. I can't find the clutch assembly in the latest book but it is a good one which at that time actually cost more than the flywheel (almost twice as much!)

I would suggest you speak to Burtons who should be able to shed some light on what the various part numbers reflect.

They are:

Flywheel-FL254A

Ring gear-FP257

Clutch cover-FP264B (AS APR065)

Cluth plate FP265P (ASAPR074B)

If you are still interested in one or all of these let me know. As already 'negociated', I want £50 for the f/wheel. You can have the clutch cover for £50 and if I can find the friction plate I will include this as well.

If you want to speak, I'm on 01256 351363.

Les