Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump pan

martynr

I am currently building a 1400 k series engine and now need a dry sump pan. I have been told that some of the caterhams are using little more than a flat plate as a sump, with provision for scavenge. As this is ideal for my application can anyone help with details, drawings etc. so that I can make one, or does anybody know of one for sale.

Thanks for any help.

The fireblade engines dry sump pan looks like a machined flat plate.

The caterham K dry sump pan is a complex casting. They are about £250 I think. The K goes into a Caterham at a different angle the the Rover installation so you'll have to bear that in mind. I think someone else is developing a dry sump system for the K series caterham although I dont think its finished yet. The factory system isnt very good so I wouldn't use it anyway.

Cheers

BC

Martyn,

When I fitted a 2.0XE in my RWD Rover 25, I bought a dry sump pan from PACE, the shallowest available, then I had to chop away the centre section where the steering rack crosses a further 25mm or so deep and weld and plate it. This has front and rear scavenge points. I'm not sure how well it will scavenge with a flat plate, ask Neil at Pace, he knows everything about dry sump systems and is very helpful and happy to talk and supply diagrams free!, Tell him I recommended him!

Martin