Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear ARB bush query

jono

I've removed my rear ARB for powder coating along with all other rear suspension components.

The bushes appear to have been fitted prior to welding on the ARB ends so they will only come off if I cut them - do new bushes come as split items or do you simply replace the whole ARB when they wear out.

The existing bushes are blue in colour - does this denote stiffness? They seem very soft to me but I don't know if this is inherent or due to deterioration.

Could someone please advise and also suggest what is the best bush to use for mainly road but possible occasional track use, ie a good all rounder.

Cheers *thumbup*

• Support Team

The bushes should come off over the end of the arms with a lot of effort and some decent lube. That said, I couldn't get mine off and in the end I just resprayed the bar myself by moving the bushes out of the way, spraying, letting paint dry and then moving the bushes over the painted area to spray the rest of the bar. Halfords Satin Black is a good match for the powder coat. Paint seems to have held up over the last year since it was done so, as long as you prepare the surface well, it will be fine.

Yellow SL *cool* #32