Click here if you are having website access problems ×

POR-15 Experience

David Lynch

Thread Resurrected *wink*

Wondered how long I'd had this stuff lying around!!! Seems OK despite it being a 7 year old batch.

After painting Car "Hint of Kerb", well actually smashing a Dedion Ear and bending Tube End Flange, I could not delay the job any more. Simple removal tools of Drill mounted wire brush, side of paint scraper and some nasty 60 grit paper.

Amazing how jobs like this draw you in. Had a Tube lying around which unfortunately had remains of Bush outer still installed ☹️. What a pain !

One Ear became Two, became Radius Arms, ARB Links, All Bolts, Fuel Tank out (well lifted) and even peeled back the skin in places. Just the Dedion Bush and Chassis Coat Black to do now.

Advice to all, long sleeves with cuffs, medical gloves, hat, goggles and mask or Buff essential. S%&£ and a Blanket have nothing on POR-15 and I have temporary tattoo's on wrists.

The time consuming issues are the unexpected like removing Radius Arm bolts and that flaming Bush outer race. Hours of preparation and masking I did not mind, do once, do right. Front of car next *smile*

• 4 months later...

I'll do a quick resurrect on this too. Ordered the starter kit from Frost today.

My tubes aren't mega bad, just powder coat flaking in places with the odd bit of surface. Definately more PC than rust.

Is the POR going to be ok painted over the PC, after it has had a good key?

Bradders.