Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus 7 Club Track Days 2006

Jude

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Club rarely (if ever 🤔) runs open pitlane days. They are usually three sessions per hour, for beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Therefore, if you book one place, both drivers share their 20 minute slot. Book two separate places (say 1 beginners and 1 intermediate) and you get 20 minutes each *wink*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Makes a track day bloody expensive if you have to take 1-3 days off work to attend, both in days leave, and money for those of us paid by the day.

Most of you who are paid like that probably still earn more in 2 days than the rest of us do in a week...

Well .....

I'll just have to try very hard to see you all of 'em *wink*

Anyway, Croft is on a weekend

Next people will say it's too far north *cool*

A10ROX:OK, its an R500 without the magnesium bits sump etc and only 205bhp!

"Most of you who are paid like that probably still earn more in 2 days than the rest of us do in a week..."

that isn't the point Mav.... and could be taken to be offensive... (I know you didn't intend it to be!)

By track days being mid-week only they are far harder/expensive to do.

This is why after 3 years of club membership/SeVen owning I have yet to, and probably never will, do a club track day. I can't justify the extra cost to attend a club day over a commerical track day. I did mention this to you Mav when you asked my a while back why I didn't attend Club days....

• 2 weeks later...

dannylt

All the magazines went in the post at the same time so it should be hitting your doormat either today or tomorrow. Unfortunately the efficiency of the postal service is outside the clubs control however, you can now download the entry form from the clubs homepage *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Booking forms etc now on the home page.

Ref. Week-day trackdays. It is quite rare for us to do trackdays at weekends for a couple of reasons:

1) circuits are often not available for hire at the weekends because they are restricted by local councils etc as to how many weekends they can run cars and they may need whatever weekend dates they have for real racing.

2) Those circuits that may have weekend days available are often more expensive at weekends, making it more expensive for the majority of members.