Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Curborough test day 2nd March. 10 cars max.

mikevernontalktalk.net

This is NOT an official club event, but I'm booking Curborough Sprint circuit (near Lichfield) for a private test day on Thursday 2nd March.

There is a maximum of 10 cars and the cost should be £400 so that is £40 each. We will have the track for 6 hours so everybody should have as many runs as they like. One car on track at a time.

Helmets are required but FIA roll bars etc are not compulsory.

This is open to any car from a diesel Metro to a Bugatti Veyron (hopefully there will be somebody even slower than me). It is an ideal opportunity to experiment with driving techniques or to test different tyres, roll bar settings or whatever. So it will suit everybody from a novice who wants a very gentle introduction, to a seasoned racer who wants some pre-season testing. All are welcome.

Entry will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis and some places have already gone. Please register your interest here but also email me directly at mikevernon@talktalk.net and I will send you payment details.

Tom B and Tom C, you're confusing me now! I've only received email from Tom C

So far I've had emails confirming definite interest from the following, and have replied to all.

Nifty

David J

Gordon H

Steve H

MalcolmH

Tom C

2 people are also bringing wives as extra drivers (we're restricted to 10 cars but can have more drivers).

Also on the provisional list, but yet to receive emails from them, are:

Rob Parkinson

Martin

Tom B

I'll finalise the list when the cheques have arrived!

• 2 weeks later...
Last tmie I went it rained heavily in the afternoon. It was fantastic, driving round with the hood on, sliding everywhere. Drifting onto the main straight from the hairpin was great fun, although I spun it is few times, it all part of the fun *smile*

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Mike and co for a most enjoyable experience.

Malcolm and Richard popped along to give their advice. Richard did say he didn't scare easily but I think he was hoping I would at least make it round Paddock before attaching the lawnmower *eek*

You'll have to send me the dry cleaning bill

I really hope this isn't a taste of a summers gardening to come, i'll bring the secateurs to Longcross.

Martin