Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red Top 15

Red SLR

Purchased a new Red Top 15 about 12 months ago, maybe a bit longer. It worked fine and in September I did some work on the car so I disconnected the battery from the car. I just checked it with a DVM and its showing about 6v. ☹️

Does anyone know if a RT will come back from that after a charge or is it a gonner?

Cheers.

Simon.

If it's anything like the Hawker Odyssey batteries then I think it should be fine, here's a link to the owners manual for the Odyssey batteries that talks about what to do if they get discharged.

Although having just read that 6v sounds like quite a bit below the minimum they talk about, in theory 11.88 volts is 25% charge left so 6v must be pretty dead. i had to leave Vinnie's Redtop on a trickle charger for nearly 3 days to get it to come back to life but it seems to be OK now.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

• Support Team

I thought I'd killed my Red Top 15 when it almost completely discharged but it recovered and I'm still using it now. Bit annoying in a away as I'd already bought a replacement but they are tougher than the manufacturer would have you believe. I actually called DMS and they told me it would most likely be a goner but they were wrong.

Yellow SL *cool* #32