Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GRP Nose - pref black gelcoat. And one for coyoteracer, and one for...

Myles

There was a mention of a company (Dartford Composites???) a while back who could/would sell noses to the public at less that CC prices - ISTR the story was that they used to supply CC (whoever it was) - but I'm not sure how they;d have been allowed to keep the moulds unless they made their own with subtle differences.

I don't really want to buy a new CC nose if I can avoid it - my car lives outside and has had the last nose crunched at least three times by careless drivers.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

FWIW

I bought a yellow GF nosecone from Dartford Composites some time ago, and the good news is that they are really cheap (70 GBP), but the bad thing is the quality isn't as good (thinner GF and more scratch sensitive). Still reckon it's good value for money though ...

Peter

Do you mean carbon or GRP ones? If GRP, on this thread there's 5, possibly 6 that I count, plus there's certainly a couple more racers who would be interested at the right price.

What sort of money would we be looking at, and what sort of level of interest do you need to make it worthwhile?

Andrew

Peter, the majority of people posting here are racing drivers, and our nosecones get crunched, scratched etc and are on and off all the time. Carbon just isn't justifiable.

The good news is that everyone who has posted (that I know) wants black - it's a popular colour for racecar plastics *smile* Give us some idea of price (email offline if you prefer) and quantity you need for a black GRP order as if it's cheap enough it may be worthwhile advertising to the racing community to stock up with their spares for the season.

Andrew

Steve Day - have you any piccies - it might be just what I need to get the car back on the road while I sort out something better.

Peter - yes, I would be interested in black gelcoat GRP. I don't race, but my nose does get reversed into by hit-and-run numpties at least once a year, so (aside from the cost) carbon is a waste for me too.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com