Click here if you are having website access problems ×

EU3 tech help required??

martinwhitcher

happy new year all,

i wonder if any of you can help me? i've just read the thread on the rev counter problems and noticed that someone was left for dead by a scobbie(sorry forgot who posted it?) he said that there was a lack of EU's for the car when built and wondered if he had the supersport mapped EU3, my worry is that there also was a shortage of EU3 when i assembled my car in nov and wondered how i can tell if i have the correctly mapped supersport EU3?? and not been fobbed off with a std EU3( if there is such a thing) your help would put my mind at rest!!

Cheers!

MW 51 CAT

1 possible way to check would be to see where the rev limiter kicks in

with the SS it should be well over 7K and the non SS is below 7K

not very scientific I know

of course if you have one of the duff rev counters this will be impossible to tell as it goes backwards at 4K !!! If you have a duff one get in touch with Simon Lambert at caterham as they are doing an exchange/replace on ones that work

I am not sure if there are any outwardly appearance differences between the 2 ECU's

rob

I was just about to post the same question Martin. Now that I have the new rev counter I guess I can try Robs suggestion.

That having been said will the EU3 communicate with the rev counter properly if it is not the correctly mapped one.

I noticed when fitting the new rev counter there are dip switches that both need to be on for the SS version. Thus the question is will the rev counter read true regardless of the dip switch setting. ie. if the EU3 is mapped to a non SS version and the rev counter is set with the SS version are you getting a true reading?

Rupert Connelly