Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Chassis Spec

Peter T

I have decided to get a new chassis rather than re-panel and modify my one.

There are several factors that i need to consider. I will be changing to widetrack front suspension, newer Dion tube set up, centrally mounted handbrake. Lowered floor, shortened pasenger footwell, no spare wheel carrier,and a removable engine bar so i can get my XE engine in and out easily.

I have heard of the diff stregnthening feature and will need some advice as to what to do in this area?

Is there a dedicated chassis to have or will i have to custom build to my requirements?

Any input greatefully recieved as need to move fast on this one.

PS anyone want to swap my Quaife Sequential box for something a little more road friendly? *confused*

Carbon Components Here *arrowright* K9 Composites

your requirements are almost identical to the two Duratec chassis that I have ordered in the past year. they were based on the R400 chassis, diff mounts strengthened, lowered drivers floor, removable RH engine bay diagonal, short passenger footwells the only biit not applicable to your spec is the modified lower engine bay chassis rail which would only make your installation easier. This chassis also comes with the hydraulic clutch master cyl. You will have to be quick if you want an Arch chassis, may have to beg.

Peter,

I would think the current chassis would take the VX engine as it's an "universal" chassis.

My own is a 2001ish race chassis, which means that it's only for passengers with short legs *tongue* and has no removable diagonals.

If you want me to measure where the engine mounts are located on this chassis let me know. There is a lot of holes 😳 for the mounts.

The engine is out, hence it's not too difficult.

/r

I had a new chassis for a Busa install a few months ago, it was a race chassis with the under floor stregthening diagionals & short pass footwell / removable diag .

The one thing that I thought was a bit odd about it was the mounting for the 'A' frame was hung down under the floor, rather than being flush with the back of the chassis *confused*

I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but its the same style as Brodie's car so must be pretty good 😬 😬