Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Coil packs need moving....help

Kevsta

Am fitting a pace DS kit. Can anyone help me with the best place to relocate my coilpacks. My car is a vvc (EU2) and so i need to move the wasted spark coil packs as the pump mounts where they are. I was thinking of putting it on the bulk head area...anyone else done this with experience of the best/worst places?

Cheers

Kev

Great! Thanks...I'll be removing that then...much better solution, thank you. Isn't there more than just the vent from the tank though? If so do I just block them? Can't remember all that goes to it now...suppose I will just have to look at it and see.

Kev

I removed the canister some while ago; just pull off the electrical connector, hoses & throw it in the bin. Before you ask it’s not worth trying to sell it; you’ll have to pay someone to take it away!

One hose goes all the way back to the fuel tank via a one way valve under the boot. The other hose goes up to the fuel rail & plugs into the fuel pressure regulator. Remove this hose as well. You’ve now saved some weight!

Now the hose that goes back to the tank can be pulled through the tunnel & you can then do the mod as mentioned by Myles.

Kevsta

My wasted spark coil pack is mounted on a bracket above the bell housing between the frame bars seems fine there. The brackets fitted using cable cleats around the bars so it easily removable.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.