Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Valve DVA K Series Head

Mick Day

Just refurbished by the man himself:

New VHPD valve guides, seats recut & the chambers blended to cope with the deeper seats. The Paul Ivey valves have all been cleaned & lapped. New oil seals & the followers have been re-shimmed to the correct clearances. The head is fully assembled in a poly bag with BP285M (740 mechanical grind) cams & is ready to fit. £850.00

I also have a standard K16 head fitted with BP270H cams in good condition. £250.00 Cams sold to Gilles POINSIGNON *thumbup*

Edited to reduce prices.

Edited by - mick day on 17 Jan 2006 14:01:09

Edited by - mick day on 27 Jan 2006 18:32:34

Mick would this work with Sliders induction system (also for sale) is yes what else would I need to run it on a 1600k

I don't see why not, however best to check that it will fit with maybe DVA.

You will also need a gasket & dowel set, vernier pulleys & a suitable ECU. Dave has the head at MK & can no doubt fit it for you for his usual fee. It came off my 1.6k & should make about 175BHP.

Both heads are fully assembled & ready to roll. They are both K16 heads.

Franky: Paul Ivey valves 29.5mm inlet & 26mm exhaust. It is suitable for a 1.8 k & will produce about 185BHP

RJ: If someone buys the head on it's own then yes you could have the cams & followers.

The practical limit for a K16 type head with 29.5mm/26mm valves is around 200-210BHP

The above is from Oilys web site. Maybe he can comment on the ultimate power of your head both with the 285 cams and with the 1227 when applied to an R300. ie, would the 1227's give any big gains? We know that 285 cams produce 200bhp so if I bought the head, would there be any need to change the cams that are already in it? I'm also interested to know what the characteristic differences are between 285's and 1227's? are 1227's more about power at high revs *confused*

(what I know about cams can be written on the back of a stamp 😳)

www.R300.net

Mick,

Thanks, I just wanted to post my interest so that if frankyknuckles wanted the head only, then you knew that there was an option of selling the cams. This is of course subject to price and condition!

/r

Thanks RJ, I caught on to that one. The head is sitting on a shelf at DVA's at present. Probably the easiest thing to do is if Franky wants the head & you want the cams then it goes to Franky & he could remove the cams & send on to you. However I'm sure though that DVA would do this for his usual fee if Franky doesn't want to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Giles

Unfortunately your return email address doesn't work. In answer to your question:

I think the BP270H cams are very similar to the 1600SS cams. To be sure contact Piper on 01233-500200 or Dave Andrews on 01908-322652.

Yes they're still for sale & I would sell separate to the head.

Mick