Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Question for Dave Jackson et al.

john powell

Dave,

as you compete in other non club events can you provide me with a bit more info on classes. I was thinking of entering the 3 day Manx Classic in April although this looks less than likely now as they only allow List 1A tyres and it wouldn't be worth all the agg for 1 event. Possible classes were Standard production and sports cars up to 2000cc or Modified/Kit cars again up to the same CC. When would my 'standard' R400 be classed as anything other? I have got verniers fitted but if further mods preclude me from entering as a standard car I think I may have just found a way to save £3500 *cool* I am thinking of doing some other Championship rounds this year.

Ta for input.

JAP.

John

I'm not sure your car were be counted as modified. Normally Caterehams are eligible to compete in the 'Roadgoing Kit Car' classes dependant on CC and most of these are 1A tyres although I know a few championships are starting to allow 1B's. Often Roadgoing classes insist on a full winscreen not an aeroscreen.

Hope this is of some use, haven't seen the regs for the manx so not sure how they define it.

As a guide regs for Midland Speed Championship are here and your car would fit into 2B

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 3 Jan 2006 11:04:57

Hmmm what an odd set of regulations for the Manx *confused*

It appears that you would automatically be placed in class 6A (kit cars) John and you will have to run list 1a tyres or A008 or Hoosier R3 ( i didnt think A008 was even manufactured any longer *confused*)

So it looks like the favourite tyre will be the Stunners .

Its a shame they are not running more conventional classes like the Mainland Championships ☹️.

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*