Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

removal of RARB

david nelson

Chris at the 7's workshop removed mine but I think he mentioned you have to dril out the rivets on the metal panel near the shock absorber to get at the bolts which means it's not quite a 5 minute job but shouldn't take to long.

I guess the best plan is to jack the car up, get it on axle stands work out where the RARB mounts and then you will see which panel you need to remove to get at the nut/bolt on the inside.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Mine goes in and out without to much trouble. But I suspect I've got a later design in so much as the outer brackets are fitted to "legs" dropping down from the top shocker mounting.

It's a bit of a fiddle but with all the mountings undone it will come out.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven to The French Blatting Company Limited

Dave

This a fairly simple job, but as Norman states somewhat fiddly. Removal of the boot floor helps a great deal, and it shouldn't be necessary to remove the triangular panel, as the retaining bolts are U bolts. Note the upper and lower mounting blocks are different sizes. The new bushes will need plenty of washing up fluid for lubrication to fit to the ARB. *thumbup*

Malcolm

Jack the car up and put it on axle stands on the chassis so that the de dion drops down, remove the wheels and boot floor ( you dont have to remove the floor but itr makes life easier) and simply undo the 4 retaining bolts on the bushes of the arb . Then you just need to manouver the bar out past the dampers. Its a bit fiddly but fine. I put the mounts and bolts back on the bush mounts rather than remove the panel and U bolts.

whilst you have the floor out - lengthen the diff breather and run the breather into a little catch tank (medcine bottle) then you wont spray the rear of the car with diff oil at MIRA *wink*

Dave

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 29 Dec 2005 08:01:45