Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ford x-flow pistons ? origins.

Bullman

On stripping down my x-flow 1700cc supersprint the pistons have the numbers 18679 cast inside them.I have looked in the Burtons catelogue they are not listed,does anyone know which x-flow they came from,what the original compression was.They are bowl in type with valve cut outs if that helps,where could I obtain another set.I have been offered a set of 83.5mm AE cast pistons in good condition with the numbers G1 20372 A/E 1L84 413AE within them, these appear lighter,with holes in the top ring,rather than having slots as in the 18679 pistons.The 20372 pistons are nearly flat tops,having no bowl or valve cut outs.Having approx a 19mm wide band all around the outer part of the crown,which is slightly raised from the centre part of the crown by approx 1-2 mm can any one inform me which Ford these pistons came from.I will have to get valve cut outs machined in these.Any help or information would be of great help.Thanks Bullman.

Bullman

Bullman,

If you do a search in the 'Tech Talk' forum, searching on XFLOW PISTON you will find a number of references to pistons. Roger King has added his wisdom to some of the threads so that should provide you with enough info. I think the pistons are from a 1300ccm Mk2 engine. Burtons do sell them.(I bought a set last year).

Regards

Phil Owen

Edited by - taran las on 30 Dec 2001 15:02:34